Isaac's, MacCurtain St. Yawn

We went to Isaac's on MacCurtain St tonight for the first time. I was surprised. I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

Apart from an interesting tempura, the menu was very boring. The siƱorita's tempura was fun and as far as I'm concerned wasabi is the new black. But we were hard pressed to find anything else interesting on the menu. I opted for a goat's cheese salad. The salad was boring and the goat's cheese very thin on the ground. The siƱorita, for want of anything interesting, opted for lamb. It was nice, but not special. I had some stuffed chicken. Again, nothing wrong with it. But very uninteresting.

The atmosphere at Isaac's is casual. Too casual. It hits that sweet spot that lies somewhere between cafeteria and bus station. Atmospheric 18th-century warehouse my arse. There's nothing screams not-atmospheric-18th-century warehouse like Formica.

I thought the food was over-priced. Isaac's certainly is not special enough to warrant the prices it charges. But I guess a place can get by on reputation alone for years. These days Isaac's just phonin' it in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planned App-solescence

Weeds Season 3

Bad Spelling